[macvoiceover] new usb speakers on a new duel boot mac

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 08:36:31 -0700

Hi all,

I decided to spring for a pair of Bowers and Wilkins MM1 speakers to go
with my not-yet-arrived Mac Mini. These speakers have a built in dac
and their own amp. You plug them in to the usb port and that's it.
Should I expect that OSX will be smart enough to find these, since
there will be nothing plugged in to the earphone jack? Or is there
something to  adjust in preferences somewhere in ML? And how about the
Windows side under BootCamp? Maybe that last is off topic; not sure.

Mary