[macvoiceover] new to the list

  • From: Carlos Taylor <cetaylor1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 11:39:25 -0400

Hi all.  My name is Carlos Taylor and I'm new to the list.  I thought
I would join the list to pick up any tips and tricks of VoiceOver and
the Mac.  However, I'm not entirely new to the Mac.  I'm composing
this message using a 2008 iMac at work.  In fact, I was in the
AppleSeed program beta testing os 10.4 tiger, so I got to see
VoiceOver in its infancy.  It has really grown and matured since then.
 I even purchased a Mac Mini, but it was soon made obsolete when Apple
switched to Intel processors.  I'm planning to purchase a new Mac Mini
later this year.  Until then, I'll keep using Macs at work whenever
possible.  I'm also waiting to receive a 13-inch MacBook air to
replace a 6-year-old Windows XP based laptop for work.  I oversee
technology for students and faculty with disabilities at a mid-sized
public university.  I work with faculty and students using both Macs
and PCs, so I am trying to keep myself up-to-date in the Apple world.
I have been a long-time user of Window-Eyes and more recently, NVDA.
I've been an iPhone user since the summer of 2009, when Apple first
included VoiceOver on the iOS platform.  Going back even further, one
of  the first computers I used as a child was an apple 2e at school.
At home, we first had a commodor 64 then later got an apple 2gs.  So
that's a little about me.  I look forward to learning what I can from
the list.

Carlos Taylor