[macvoiceover] Re: new member wondering about switching from Windows XP pro to mac, with a billion questions.

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 11:56:19 -0400

Jim;

It's good to see you're investigating the mac and going about it in the right way. Here are several possibilities to get your questions answered.

First though, hard is a subjective term but I'll say that after 15 years of using windows in various guises from 3.11 to xp, My switch to the mac attitude took less than three months. I still dabble in windows mostly for work after 5 years with the mac os but much prefer the mac. It took a little time, mostly administrative to get things setup and functioning and I've gained some new skill along the way.

The botto of this message and the one from you sports a really good link for getting started. In addition,
http://www.lioncourt.com
http://www.screenlessswitchers.com
and blindcooltech.com
contain info and podcasts
http://www.apple.com/accessibility
is also a good resource of info.

On Sep 2, 2009, at 11:39 AM, jim rawls wrote:

Hi all,
My name is Jim Rawls, from Southern California, and my friend Peggy Fleischer,says I need to switch to the Mac. So, since I have been a windows user for 8 years, is the change hard? Is the relearning all the stuff I have to learn easy, and where can I get a list of the commands I need with voice over?
my skype contact is
jim332, and my email is
jazzpiano@xxxxxxxxxxxx
I would appreciate all the help you can offer.
Thanks in advance.
Jim