[macvoiceover] Re: new member wondering about switching from Windows XP pro to mac, with a billion questions.

  • From: Chantel Cuddemi <jawsgirl87@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 11:45:52 -0400

Hi, Jim,
I am going to tell you right now that you need to forget all that you know about windows when it comes to using your mac. Mac is very different from windows in the way that the screen reads things, and the way you navigate the screen is different. With the mac, you must interact with tables and other things by hitting control option shift down arrow.
Stop interacting by hitting control option shift up arrow.
Hth,
Chantel.
On Sep 2, 2009, at 11:39 AM, jim rawls wrote:

Hi all,
My name is Jim Rawls, from Southern California, and my friend Peggy Fleischer,says I need to switch to the Mac. So, since I have been a windows user for 8 years, is the change hard? Is the relearning all the stuff I have to learn easy, and where can I get a list of the commands I need with voice over?
my skype contact is
jim332, and my email is
jazzpiano@xxxxxxxxxxxx
I would appreciate all the help you can offer.
Thanks in advance.
Jim