[macvoiceover] Re: new member introduction

  • From: "ashley" <ash.cox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 17:58:37 -0000

Hi Rick,

Great to hear you got a mac, I really like the podcasts. I've posted a few
links to help new users like you on my website
www.ashleycox.co.uk
Well done on the mac setup, You did better than I did! During the setup of my
mac mini, I typed the password incorrectly and had to get apple tech support to
put it right. Quick 5 minutes over the phone and all sorted. And yes, you're
right, the mac mini is very difficult to upgrade, though you can do it.

it is certanly worth getting an apple keyboard. I found personally it works
much better. You can also use the mouse with VO if you wish to: just go to
voiceover utility (ctrl option f8) go to verbosity, and, on the announcements
tab you will find a "speak text under mouse after delay" checkbox. Check it and
drop the slider next to it down to 0.

Hope this helps, if you need any help feel free to contact me with either the
email address on the website or
ash.cox@xxxxxxxxxxxx

ash
Personal website: