[macvoiceover] Re: new mac user day one

  • From: "Bob Ray" <rayrj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:37:07 -0500

Greetings to all,

Thanks for all of the encouragement.  Though I haven't solved the problems
yet I have had enough success that I am really excited about the
possibilities.

Here are some of the issues.  First of all when in key help of the first 10
function keys only the f5 and f6 speak.  six or seven other keys don't speak
either.  If it stopped there I wouldn't even think of it.

Next, after I completed the registration process it shows me me in the
Desktop which of course is empty.  I do a VO-shift-down are arrow and
nothing happens.  No other Vo commands seem to be working at all.

When I try a ctrl-f2 to go to the menue bar nothing happens.

I should mention that earlier I talked with a person that suggested that I
may need to connect a monitor to the machine and it may work better.  No
such luck.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Bob

ps.  I think I am getting converted over because just now when I tried to do
a CTL-SHIFT-END I did the windows keyboard equivalent of VO-END.