[macvoiceover] need help with skype beta

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac voice over list" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 20:18:55 -0700

Hi all, I think I've gotten the beta of skype 8.0 installed, but I had
forgotten some things, and needed some help regarding installing the
beta, for example, do you need to run the application from the
applications folder, after copying the beta, when I did, it just said
skype beta, and had a left click image, and I couldn't close it, and
had to re-start, but then I tried running the beta from the dock, and
every time I try to contact somebody, I get the chat window, so how do
I shut this off?  I think, for us relatively new people on the mac,
people should tell what might be expected when installing a beta on the
mac, for example, the message about skype wanting to use the
confidential information on your key chain, and when pressing apply,
being opened to your profile, so how do I shut the chat thing off, or
is the beta like this?  Thanks in advance.

Marty