[macvoiceover] Re: mouse with voiceover

  • From: ashley <ash.cox@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 18:52:36 +0000

it's not better than using a keyboard, it just gives you access to things
sighted users do without needing to always do keystrokes. if you have loads of
windows open, or applications, you don't have to use your cmd tab to find the
one you want, simple command tab once and keep the cmd key held down, and then
use the mouse wheel to move between apps.

ash
On 8 Jan 2010, at 03:50, Judy Wilkinson wrote:

> When I used WindowEyes, I used the mouse cursor a lot to navigate when I
> couldn't read things in standard keyboard format. But I must admit that I
> haven't explored using the mouse with VO. When and where is using the mouse
> superior?
> Thanks, Judy
>
> On Jan 7, 2010, at 7:38 AM, ashley wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I have changed the setting in voiceover utility that lets you hear what's
>> under the mouse and changed the delay to 0 seconds. It works great! now i
>> can do everything with the mouse. Just out of interest, is there a way to
>> improve my experience when using the mouse? like being able to stop it
>> automaticly entering a window?
>>

>> thanks,
>>
>> ash
>>
>> personal website: