[macvoiceover] mouse and vo cursor:

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 11:59:35 -0400

all;

Among the vo changes in snow leopard is the new way the mouse and vo cursors are handled in the vo utility. They are now configured as a set of three radio buttons that allow you to; track neither, have the vo cursor follow the mouse cursor, or the mouse cursor move the vo cursor. This is a subtle change with a big impact.

1. I've observed that setting the vo cursor to follow the mouse results in duplicate speaking of for instance links on web pages and also speaking things in menus that are not in focus such as in the vo utility categories speaking one category when actually focused on another.

2. setting to neither follows the other seems to be the same as it was in leopard which is why I never used it because you then have to play catch the mouse or the vo weevle.

3. mouse moves vo seems to be a nice choice in that you can rely on the mouse being where vo is.

Happy hunting.