[macvoiceover] Re: more questions regarding audio highjack pro

  • From: Dan Eickmeier <va3ets@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 22:23:42 -0500

Hi Marty, you only have to press the new session button if you want to set up to record from a source which you don't have a session set up for already. Audio hijack has always recorded right away when I've used it to record audio. So not sure why you're getting big gaps of silence. If you hit record right away, it should start.

On Jan 25, 2009, at 8:30 PM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi all, some more questions regarding audio highjack pro, if you don't
mind, especially for those who have the latest version with the check
boxes in place of the tab controls that were there originally, and this
is, first, do you have to press the new session button every time you
launch audio highjack pro, because according to the person who was
initially helping me out, you don't, and the reason why I ask is
because, I can record something, and right now, I can only record
something under ten minutes, because I want to be sure all my questions
are answered, and I'm happy before purchasing something I may have
doubts about later on.  As I say, I can record something the first
time, and it acts like total recorder does, and stops at the end of
audio, but then, when I re-launch it again a second time, and try to
record something, then, I have silence, either at the beginning of a
track, or at the end of a track, and wonder if pressing the new session
button will get rid of this, and thanks in advance for any help, but
the last thing I recorded, had 20 seconds of silence at the beginning
of a very short track I had recorded from youtube, where the audio
started right away, and I had to use total recorder to record the mp3
over again, and then, the track behaved as it should have.  This, even
with the pop up button on nothing, in the part of the highjack dialog
that says, fill gaps with, and the pop up button has a choice of
nothing, silence, light noise, or heavy noise.

Marty