[macvoiceover] Re: main menu comments about mac and bookshare

  • From: Dave Wilkinson <mac.dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 06:34:58 -0800

Am on my way to get it now. Many thanks. The reason for the Bookshare obsession is that I will be showing this to schools that are using MACs and they want Bookshare access.

Thanks again.
Dave
On Mar 5, 2008, at 10:52 AM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Hi Dave,

On www.icanworkthisthing.com under MAC with Voiceover, there is a document called, Using MAC applications with Voiceover. I think this will answer some of your questions about the MAC platform, using Voiceover and we will be glad to help you with the learning curve, which is not too steep. Just remember that the MAC is a different platform and after using Windows for a long time, it is hard to get it out of your head.

I use the doc to get to the finder, control-option-d and then start typing finder, until you hear finder and then press enter. This is where you will find your folders and control-option-shift-d will take you to the desktop, where you may find the files that you have placed on the desktop.

I don't use bookshare, I get most of my reading from audible.com because I can load the books on the iPod.

Please get the doc, Using Mac Applications with Voiceover and give it a read.

Keith Reedy

On Mar 5, 2008, at 12:47 PM, Dave Wilkinson wrote:

I'll try to unpack another book and see what happens, but certainly part of it is not knowing where to look for it. I'm having trouble figuring out basic things on the MAC like where files go and how to get to different folders. I am ok with VoiceOver, but haven't been able to transfer this knowledge to the MAC in general.

Dave
On Mar 4, 2008, at 4:03 PM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

Ok, can you tell me what happens when you try to unpack it? Are you getting told that it unpacked successfully or what is happening/ are you sure it isn't unpacking and you just don't know where to look for it?