[macvoiceover] Re: mailboxes versus smart mailboxes

  • From: Donna Goodin <goodindo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 11:55:05 -0400

Oh, wow! That's very weird, and very cool! I'll have to give some thought to how to use that. Thanks, Marsh.

Donna
On Jul 30, 2009, at 11:52 AM, Marshall Scott wrote:

Donna,
A Smart mailbox is another way of organizing messages. The main difference is that it is dynamic. As an example, I suddenly decide I want to find all the messages I have from you. For example, I have server rules set up to send messages to several mailboxes but I want to see which of them is unread excluding the ones in my Inbox. I have set up a smart mailbox that searches all my mailboxes for messages that are unread. When I want to look at these messages, I just open the smart mailbox and there they are. Does this make sense?
Marsh

On Jun 30, 2009, at 9:39 AM, Donna Goodin wrote:

Hi all,

I notice that when I go into the mail menu, I'm given one option to create a new mailbox, and another to create a new smart mailbox. What's the difference between a regular mailbox and a smart one?
Best,
Donna