[macvoiceover] Re: mail issue

  • From: Brandon Misch <bmisch2002@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 18:41:43 -0400

she just did that and has deleted rthe items in the mail folder of her mac.

On Oct 13, 2009, at 6:39 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

I doubt it but it can't hurt.

On Oct 13, 2009, at 6:22 PM, Chantel Cuddemi wrote:

Well, I am getting ready to repair permissions. Should that fix things?
On Oct 13, 2009, at 5:56 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

just type the word old with a space in front of the file name. that way, when things are back to normal, you can identify it as the old file and delete it. you can actually call it anything you like, I like putting my initials in front of the file name.

On Oct 13, 2009, at 3:57 PM, Chantel Cuddemi wrote:

How do I rename the file? What do I call it? I've never done this before.
On Oct 13, 2009, at 3:55 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

yes, quit mail and then rename the .plist. let us know if you need help. I hope this fixes the issue. I'm not certain the messages index resides there.

On Oct 13, 2009, at 3:52 PM, Chantel Cuddemi wrote:

Well, all, I just tried to rebuild the inbox, but no go. It didn't work. Let me try your suggestion, David. Do I need to quit mail first?
On Oct 13, 2009, at 3:46 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

it's just like copying or renaming etcettera any other file.

On Oct 13, 2009, at 3:39 PM, Chantel Cuddemi wrote:

David, I have no idea how to do that. I don't go messing around with preference files too much.
On Oct 13, 2009, at 3:32 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

Worth a try might be to rename the mail.plist. it is located in the library/preferences folder and is called apple.com.mail.plist. You will want to have mail closed for this and then relaunch it and it will be recreated. The only thing is that you may have to go through settings aftwards and recustomize them.

On Oct 13, 2009, at 3:22 PM, Chantel Cuddemi wrote:

As I said, David, I've tried that several times. It just isn't working for some reason. Btw, I am running snow lepard.
On Oct 13, 2009, at 3:16 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

sorry, threading is a different topic, you will find sort by columns and treading in the view menu. if you want to sort in reverse order by column, find the column heading in the message list and press vo-shift-\.

On Oct 13, 2009, at 3:05 PM, Chantel Cuddemi wrote:

How do I accomplish this?
On Oct 13, 2009, at 3:01 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

well, there's threading and sorting on different fields via their column headings.

On Oct 13, 2009, at 2:58 PM, Chantel Cuddemi wrote:

Hi, all,
I am having an issue with mail.
For some weird reason, my mail messages are not being sorted properly. The date received is going all over the place when I read emails. I've tried everything you can think of, all of which is in the view menu.
Any thoughts?