[macvoiceover] Re: mac.com email addie

  • From: Steve Hurd <steven.hurd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 07:27:59 -0700

Hay Chris, happy to by you the sandwige. So do I just give you a domain name and how do we go from here. I really apreasiate this man.

Thanks,
Steve

On 25/07/2009, at 5:07 AM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi Steve,

I can set up a domain for you on Dreamhost (www.dreamhost.com) and, from there, you can do anything from hosting email accounts, keeping a blog, making your own sort of portal all the way to a fully "Web 2.0" based web site. Of course, if you choose the latter, you will probably ending up making a site that can only be used by sighties and JAWS users so, for now at least, I'd recommend installing Drupal (I can help with this) and using it to build a web site - it is very accessible and rapidly becoming more so.

Each new domain costs me a few bucks so, if we ever meet in person, you can buy me a sandwich or something.

Happy Hacking,
cdh

On Jul 26, 2009, at 12:44 AM, Steve Hurd wrote:

Hi Chris, thanks for your comments re dictation. Regarding hosting, how was that work. Your kind offer of hosting, interests me, does that involve a web page as well as e/mail. How does it work?
My private e/mail address is
steven.hurd@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks,
Steve

On 25/07/2009, at 4:05 AM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi Donna,

I have an enormous amount of unused space and other goodies on my Dreamhost account. I can set up any unused domain that you want and you can have as many addresses as you would ever want up there. The fee I pay is tiny (something like $5 per year) so I always offer it and its services up for free to people whom I feel I can trust.

Note: I judge "trustworthy" as "hasn't done anything bad to me or any of my friends" as I trust first and sometimes get burned but the assumption that most people are malicious is a belief with which I cannot live.

Offer of space and such on my Dreamhost account is open to anyone else on this list as well. Write to me off list as this isn't a VO issue.

Happy Hacking,
cdh

On Jul 24, 2009, at 3:30 PM, Donna Goodin wrote:

Hi all,

I notice that some of you have a Mac.com email addie? I’m thinking of picking up another email account for various reasons. How does one get such an address?
Donna