[macvoiceover] Re: mac.com email addie

  • From: Steve Hurd <steven.hurd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 22:15:16 -0700

Hi,
Not muchwe can do about off list as I can't find your e/mail address in the e/mail, so apolagies to the list. Chris I will do as you suggest and check out domain names.
Thanks for this.
Steve
On 26/07/2009, at 4:10 AM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi,

Pick a domain you want - make sure it isn't taken by going to any of the domain registration sites as I don't want to take up much time trying to play guessing games with you and the host - then, send the domain you want to me and I'll register it and attach it to my Dreamhost account. It takes two or three days to populate the array of DNS for your site to appear if someone looks for it.

I'll set you up with the maximum level of privileges and permissions so I would recommend that you not stray far from your own area lest you break something for someone else.

Happy Hacking,
cdh

On Jul 26, 2009, at 10:27 AM, Steve Hurd wrote:

Hay Chris, happy to by you the sandwige. So do I just give you a domain name and how do we go from here. I really apreasiate this man.
Thanks,
Steve

On 25/07/2009, at 5:07 AM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi Steve,

I can set up a domain for you on Dreamhost (www.dreamhost.com) and, from there, you can do anything from hosting email accounts, keeping a blog, making your own sort of portal all the way to a fully "Web 2.0" based web site. Of course, if you choose the latter, you will probably ending up making a site that can only be used by sighties and JAWS users so, for now at least, I'd recommend installing Drupal (I can help with this) and using it to build a web site - it is very accessible and rapidly becoming more so.

Each new domain costs me a few bucks so, if we ever meet in person, you can buy me a sandwich or something.

Happy Hacking,
cdh

On Jul 26, 2009, at 12:44 AM, Steve Hurd wrote:

Hi Chris, thanks for your comments re dictation. Regarding hosting, how was that work. Your kind offer of hosting, interests me, does that involve a web page as well as e/mail. How does it work?
My private e/mail address is
steven.hurd@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks,
Steve

On 25/07/2009, at 4:05 AM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi Donna,

I have an enormous amount of unused space and other goodies on my Dreamhost account. I can set up any unused domain that you want and you can have as many addresses as you would ever want up there. The fee I pay is tiny (something like $5 per year) so I always offer it and its services up for free to people whom I feel I can trust.

Note: I judge "trustworthy" as "hasn't done anything bad to me or any of my friends" as I trust first and sometimes get burned but the assumption that most people are malicious is a belief with which I cannot live.

Offer of space and such on my Dreamhost account is open to anyone else on this list as well. Write to me off list as this isn't a VO issue.

Happy Hacking,
cdh

On Jul 24, 2009, at 3:30 PM, Donna Goodin wrote:

Hi all,

I notice that some of you have a Mac.com email addie? I’m thinking of picking up another email account for various reasons. How does one get such an address?
Donna