[macvoiceover] Re: mac mini question?

  • From: Richie Gardenhire <rhire1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 16:30:19 -0900

Inaci is correct. Order it directly from the Apple Store. You get a better deal. That same adaptor is $32 at our local store. Richie Gardenhire, Anchorage, Alaska.

On Jan 8, 2010, at 4:09 PM, Ignasi Cambra wrote:

That adapter is not the one people are using to pretend they have a monitor. I actually have a monitor connected to my mini so I don't know, but what I heard is that the adapter that comes with the mini is not the one that will pretend there's a monitor connected. I think the one you need is about 20$ and you can purchase it from the apple store.
On Jan 8, 2010, at 4:24 PM, Richie Gardenhire wrote:

Yes, it comes with an adaptor. When you connect it and put a DVD into it, VoiceOver will let you know that the DVD Player dialog has come up, even though there is no monitor connected to it. Richie Gardenhire, Anchorage, Alaska.

On Jan 8, 2010, at 12:13 PM, Josh wrote:

Hi,

If voc rehab ends up getting me a mac minni, will it come with that DVI video adapter I need to plug in since I will not and do not have a monitor?

Josh Kennedy jkenn337@xxxxxxxxx
my blog is at http://jkenn337.klangoblog.net (updated frequently). Tired of Microsoft Windows and paying thousands for screen-readers? try out NVDA, get a mac--, nvda--for Windows, or try out and switch to grml, Ubuntu, Vinux, or knoppix-adriane Linux desktops. Knoppix ubuntu and vinux-cli-max are the most accessible for beginners. also try vinux-gui and encourage those at www.cherrypal.com to use windows-xp and nvda knoppix-adriane Vinux-cli-max or grml so all blind people can have an accessible computer.