[macvoiceover] mac downgrade to Tiger and different machine

  • From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 08:04:21 -0400 (EDT)

Last week, I got a certified macintosh repair person to look at my mac
mini and try to upgrade memory for Lion.  The upgrade failed for a few
reasons.  First the Mac Mini was a 2006 model those will not upgrade
beyond snow leopard.  I thought since I bought it in 2007 that it was a
2007 model.  Second, after the new memory was installed and an attempt was
made to start the machine the power light would not come on.  When
original memory replaced new memory the power light still would not come
on with an attempt at system startup.  The motherboard on the mac mini
probably got smoked.  Before any of this happened though I got me an Apple
fish bowl computer an emac or emachine computer from Smartco to serve as a
backup for my mac mini in the event anything happened to the mac mini.
Good move!  I do have one problem with the emachine though, I don't know
how to get the CD drive or dvd drive to open.  It's behind a door and if
there's enough space on that hard drive I will be installing tiger's xcode
packages on it.  The first operating system I got with that mini was Tiger
so I have the disks I just have to figure out which disk is my Tiger disk
and I can do that with volname command on a separate Linux system.  I got
an epson printer with no ports on it probably blue tooth and will have to
find out if the emachine can talk to it later too.  I'll have to use the
Windows version of iTunes to backup my iPhone and iPods now unless a
bluetooth connection can also work with those devices.  I have a blue
tooth antenna for a usb port but don't know if that will be necessary.

Jude <jdashiel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet
of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's
got God on his side."
~ Bill Hicks