[macvoiceover] Re: latest ITunes update

  • From: Keith Reedy <WA9DRO@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 15:04:07 -0400

Yes, I have contacted Apple and it is a known issue, but, no time fraim given for the fix, but, please contact Apple as well. They need to know that we are depending on them.

Good luck and smile, life is good!

Keith Reedy

On Jul 11, 2008, at 2:45 PM, Cara Quinn wrote:

Hey Keith, thanks for your note. yes, I understand that some might not share the kind of lifestyle that I have, in the sense that I am involved with one of the fastest paced careers there is, in one of the fastest paced cities on the planet. So for me, just a few minutes of my time, can literally mean the difference between getting a gig and losing it. <smile> This is no exaggeration!

My roommate is also busy to the point where even the couple of minutes it might take to help me, may see him losing a contract, and / or me losing a casting.

Right now, I happen to have a short while free, but no sighted assistance for something that literally should only take me five seconds to do. Most of the time, if I happen to hear or think of a song I'd like, I swing into ITunes, and within thirty secs I've got it. So this sort of thing is tres annoying!

Furthermore, I know I'm not the only one with a crazy work schedule or time issues. This is the real world, and the world doesn't stop. <smile> Yes, I know this is afterall, only ITunes, <smile> but as I mentioned, that few minutes of time it takes for me to get someone to drop everything they're doing, can be a huge prob for the both of us.

Anyway, thanks again for the note, and out of curiosity, as I'd mentioned, I'm wondering if you might have contacted Apple already yourself? ,smile> -Don't want to bug them, but do want to remind them, so was wondering…

Have a great day!…

Smiles,

Cara  :)

On Jul 11, 2008, at 8:37 AM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Good morning Cara,

I do have the same issue, however it seems a small thing to get some one to help with this for just a few minutes.

Not only do you need to press the agree button, but, you need to check your account information, which is always a good idea.

When you look at how far iTunes has come in the last 3 years, it really has been a big leep and I'm sure that the rest will come in time.

I can now control my iPod, download music, things I was not able to do just a short time ago. Yep, this thing is a pain in the neck, but, I think it will get better. I don't consider that a rant, just reaction and some times, thats ok.

Keith Reedy

On Jul 11, 2008, at 9:57 AM, Cara Quinn wrote:

Hey All, apologies for the cross-post.

I downloaded the latest ITunes yesterday, and just tried logging into / buying a song from, the store this morning. When I clicked the price, I was greeted with the familiar (invisible to VO) license agreement and my songs table went blank.

My question is this; how have others dealt with this? As it is, I'm again, unable to use ITunes until I can, yet again, get sighted assistance to click on the simple little agree button which, by now, should be a very simple matter, in my opinion.

Have others encountered this in the latest upgrade? I'm asking, as I'd seen people mentioning using ITunes yesterday, so did this come up for y'all?…

Personally, I'm beginning to reach the end of my patience with this particular aspect of the ITunes update situation, as every single time there is a new agreement, (not just once) I need to ask someone again, 'can you please help me with ITunes?' -and the prob just keeps coming back again and again and again and again. - This is just a bit obnoxious, don't you think?… <smile>

Anyway, not meaning to rant here, as much as to ask if anyone has continuously reported this particular issue? I'd like to know before I approach Apple on it.

Thanks so much for your time and have an awesome Friday!…

Smiles,

Cara  :)

---
View my Online Portfolio at: