[macvoiceover] Re: keeping programs in focus

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <chomiak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 07:45:47 -0500

Well, this may not help with the mail issue but I do know that in some instances whether you are interacted with the text or not makes a difference. For instance, when working with "find" in Text Edit a few weeks ago, I found (no pun intended!) that if I searched for a word and hit enter and didn't interact, the text read was several lines above the line I wanted. But if I was using "find", entered the word, hit enter and interacted immediately without first moving around in any way, I was exactly at an instance of the word I had typed to find. Again, maybe not relevant to the mail problem but maybe a piece of the puzzle.

--
Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,

On Aug 16, 2009, at 6:11 AM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

I'm having a little focus issue as well. This only happens in Mail while I'm composing an email: VO+l to read the current line will often read something further down the page. Putting a bunch of new lines at the bottom helps and now and then switching away from mail and back will fix it. It's a puzzling one but I sort of feel as though my Mail program is deteriorating with odd behaviors sneaking in and, having received lots of information on how to fix it on this list, nothing has worked thus far.

Any help with the VO+l issue or any of the other weird Mail behaviors I've reported) will be gratefully accepted.

cdh
On Aug 15, 2009, at 4:51 PM, carlene knight wrote:

Hi:

I'm a clueless new user of the OSX format and have a focus issue. We've set up the spaces and when I try to change focus to another application the computer jumps back to the previously open program and won't stop. Any ideas? Thanks.