[macvoiceover] Re: itunes extremely sluggish

  • From: Marie Howarth <marie.jane2005@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 14:31:00 +0100

I am not experiencing the same issue and I run my itunes library from an external drive. sometimes it says busy for a split second and then continues if I'm skipping a lot of songs at once, but on the whole it works absolutely fine. I have about 60 gig of music too, running a partitioned external drive, no issues whatsoever.

On Sep 6, 2009, at 4:58 AM, samtroia wrote:

So then is the Mac that finicky about using external drives? I find that hard to believe. If that's really the case, it's very disappointing.

On Sep 5, 2009, at 11:26 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

it's because it is accessing an external source.

On Sep 5, 2009, at 11:17 PM, samtroia wrote:

Hi, All,

I have successfully created my itunes library but, having done so, itunes is now extremely sluggish, such that it is virtually unuseable. Any key that I press takes a good five seconds to respond and I get "itunes ready" and a lot of busy. Any ideas on why this might be? Should I go and delete the itunes folder from the library on the hd and start over? I've never seen anything so slow. Thanks for any help.