[macvoiceover] Re: itunes 8.1 and itunes d.j

  • From: Barry Hadder <bhadder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 14:25:27 -0500

Not only does the tab not work, but the menus don't seem to rap any more. All so, when the voiceover cursor is moved over the play status, it only says "lc logo scroll area". That is not useful information in describing what has focus. In order to see what it is at all, you have to interact with it. Where as before voiceover would just read the information. It should work by automatically reading the status information. One should only have to interact with the window to read the information more thurrowaly.

All and All, nothingthurowally catastrophic here, but I have to say that I think there are a few small steps backward.

On Mar 12, 2009, at 1:36 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

in other words, you have the same issue.  Thanks!

On Mar 12, 2009, at 2:30 PM, Marie Howarth wrote:

I did tab and tabbing is a no go from what I can see. nothing happens for me. I never really use the tab key that often to be honest. And so yeah, this seems like its an issue, never used it in any version so didn't think there was a problem.
Sorry

On 12 Mar 2009, at 18:26, David Poehlman wrote:

there is no help for it but if youwould just tab once for us and let us know what you find.

On Mar 12, 2009, at 2:21 PM, Marie Howarth wrote:

Then I am afraid I can't help sorry. I've always used my vo keys to navigate in itunes.

On 12 Mar 2009, at 17:56, David Poehlman wrote:

well, we are talking about the tab key.

On Mar 12, 2009, at 1:08 PM, Marie Howarth wrote:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you guys are talking about. Can we clarify? I use voice over keys to navigate, never the tab key in itunes. Where is this silence occurring for you all. I see no difference in my itunes navigation.

On 12 Mar 2009, at 16:37, David Poehlman wrote:

ok, now, this is interesting, when we tab, we get silence in the music source, this did not happen before the update. you are the first to report no such issue. can you confirm that the above is not an issue for you and if so, what are your settings?

On Mar 12, 2009, at 12:20 PM, Marie Howarth wrote:

I've been playing around with the update of itunes and I'm personally loving it. I'm not sure what some of the complaints about silences are about from other users, I'm not experiencing these problems. Anyway, the d.j feature is really nice and I only wish i knew people with an iphone or touch so I could let others listen to my itunes d.j selection. a great update apple. good job yet again
:)

Barry Hadder
bhadder@xxxxxxxxxxx