[macvoiceover] Re: is a paid screenreader for the mac a option?

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 05:55:34 +0100

John, thanks so much for this. It's given me such an insight into Mac's capabilities and, to be honest, I'm currently rather mind boggled but greatly excited!

I realise now that I need to prepare for going to the MAC store in order that I can fully use my time/visits there in the best way possible.

Forgive some of the elementary questions in preparation for this phase:

1) I know how to turn VO on but what else do I really need to get to grips with as far as VoiceOver is concerned?

2)    Is a track pad or mouse going to be useful to me?

3) Will Apple Care enable me to be fully supported by an Apple rep from my home? (I mean, could a rep take control of my Mac to perform any required tasks I have not mastered?)

4) I'd like to be made aware of any shortcomings (making work difficult) in VoiceOver, as it is at present. I would need to get to grips with spread sheets and convert some from Windows quite quickly. Is this going to be difficult for me?

5) Finally, Am I safe to purchase any air printer now (as I need a new one quite urgently) and expect it to work with the Mac, or should I be looking for a list of recommended printers?

I do hope you all don't mind these questions. Please feel free to take them off list with me if you wish.

Carol P - Thanking you all for support in my journey!