[macvoiceover] ipod touch question

  • From: WandaAdmin <diazw@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 17:19:07 +0000

Hello!!!

is the ipod touch screen with accessibility supposed to look black to sighted people when it is on?

need to know. Bought an Ipod touch three weeks ago and my friend today told me the screen looks black ( no icons etc) when it is on.

I hope this message to get to the list.

thanks
wanda

Wanda Diaz-Merced
Department of Computer Science
University of Glasgow
Glasgow, G12 8QQ
wanda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
0758862790

Begin forwarded message:

From: Peter Altschul <paltschul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: March 11, 2010 8:08:02 AM EST
To: VICUG-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [VICUG-L] FW: [Jobs] Apple Job Opening - Accessibility Software Quality Engineer

Apple Inc. Job Opening!

Job Title:  Accessibility Software Quality Engineer
Req #: 4953012

Location:  Cupertino, CA

Job Description:
Do you want to directly and positively impact the lives of many Apple customers? Do you *really* want to change the world? Apple's VoiceOver Engineering Team is seeking a Software Quality Engineer who will help test and improve future versions of VoiceOver as well as the general
accessibility of iPhone and Mac OS X. VoiceOver Is Apple's
screenreader software that enables blind or visually impaired users to use Apple products. You'll be responsible for testing functionality,
user experience, and performance, as well as text-to-speech and
Braille display accuracy and speed. The ideal candidate will have
experience with the software quality assurance process and will be
extremely passionate about accessibility and VoiceOver.

Job Responsibilities Include:
- Defining/evolving the team's testing and performance strategy.
- Developing test suites and scripts which work with Apple's automated
test tools.
- Testing the functionality of VoiceOver.
- Testing the accessibility of iPhone and Mac OS X applications (using
VoiceOver).
- Contributing ideas to improve VoiceOver's user experience.
- Testing alternative display devices, such as refreshable Braille
displays.
- Testing speech quality.
- General testing of iPhone and Mac OS X.

Key Requirements:
- BSCS or equivalent.
- Experience using the UNIX command line and scripting.
- Experience using screen readers and knowledge of accessibility
issues.
- Experience using speech synthesis.
- Fluent Braille reader.
- Solid testing skills.
- Strong communication skills.

Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience with refreshable Braille displays and other accessibility
devices.
- Experience with C, Objective-C, Mac OS X, Cocoa, Carbon, and Apple's
Accessibility API.

** For additional information or to apply for this position, please
visit our website at www.apple.com/jobs. **

** Direct link to listed position:

http://jobs.apple.com/index.ajs?BID=1&method=mExternal.showJob&RID=48170&Cur
rentPage=1