[macvoiceover] Re: iphone question

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 07:28:27 -0400

of course, you can always use the voice recorder.

On Jun 27, 2009, at 11:34 PM, Marco M wrote:

Pocket computers like the IPhone make great notetakers if you are just
needing to take quick notes like what to buy at the grocery store or to make
a note of a book title that you got from listening to an interview.  But
they won't make for good notetaking if you are writing down material from a lecture in university as the battery will not hold out for long periods of
notetaking and second, if you were to run a Bluetooth connection for a
wireless keyboard, this will drain the battery even faster. One has to keep
in mind that the IPhone's battery can not be replaced so what you have
starting out with when you go to class will be all that you get to use
unless you can plug it in.
Notetaking is usually done on a specific notetaker which are designed for many hours of use and can handle large files. Devices like a pac mate or a
Braille note will will be of better use for you in an university
environment. Although if you are only taking one class you could probably get away with a something like a touch pro as you can change the batteries
in them during the day.

Marco