[macvoiceover] Re: iphone navigon crashes

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 18:28:26 -0400

if you double tap with two fingers, ipod will start and double tap with two fingers again stops it. this sounds like a space issue on the nano. it sounds like there isn't enough working memory for navigan.

On Aug 11, 2009, at 12:14 PM, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

Hi all.

I hate to bring this up since nobody else seems to be having a problem but I'm having a problem with navigon.

Originally I had the navigon lite demo program installed. I deleted this from my apps folder on the Mac before I bought Navigon proper. The first time it downloaded I think there was a problem with the download. So I deleted all Navigon programs from itunes and re-synced so Navigon was gone from iphone and re-downloaded. But now I'm having Navigon crash problems. Sometimes I double tap avigon and hear a pop or click but then my home screen comes back. Sometimes I get that screen about not using navigon while driving etc.--is there a way not to get that every time?--and then after ok it crashes. Sometimes I get all the way through entering an address and hit "done" and then I either get "unlock" or a seemingly blank screen or a return to the home screen with navigon in focus. I've tried resetting and restarting.

Another thing which may or may not be related: I notice in my home screen if I double tap twice my ipod starts playing. Is this normal or have I inadvertently left my ipod in a state that's causing it to stay on even though not playing and might be taking memory?

With the success others are having with navigon I hate to scrap it, but unless I can get to the bottom of this I'll have to try to get a refund; it was expensive enough that I won't keep it if I can't get it to run consistently.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,