[macvoiceover] Re: introduction

  • From: "Paul Nugent" <Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 18:42:20 -0000

Thanks Keith, it's appreciated.

Kind Regards

Paul

Paul Nugent
Assistive Technology Coordinator
Action for Blind People

-----Original Message-----
From: macvoiceover-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:macvoiceover-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Keith Reedy
Sent: 31 January 2010 18:36
To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [macvoiceover] Re: introduction

Hi Paul and other new list members, some where around 230 now.

Paul, it sounds like you are learning well.

Check out the growing list of guides and helps at,www.icanworkthisthing.com
under MAC with Voiceover and let us know if you need a hand.

Welcome.

Keith Reedy

Click the link below to download MP3's of Keith Reedy's music as a gift from
Bibles For The Blind.

http://biblesfortheblind.org/download_music.shtml

God gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him.  J Hudson Taylor.

On Jan 31, 2010, at 11:05 AM, Paul Nugent wrote:

>               Hello all,
>
> This is just a brief note to say hello to the list.  I am a very new
> Mac User using Voice Over.  I did use a mac many years ago using
> Outspoken, but as I said that was many years ago.  I have been a long
> term Windows and Jaws User, but thought I would like to get to grips
> with the Mac once more.  I work for Action for Blind People as an
> assistive Technologist in the East Anglia region, and have been asked
> about Macs a few times now, and thought it only right that I should
> find out more about them.  I am looking forward to your help in the
> weeks ahead.  I have already dipped into the terrific podcasts of Mike
> Arrigo and Rick Harmon, which I have found to be invaluable, and would
> like to encourage them to make some more (smile).  My mission was to
> learn how to use the Mac entirely without sighted assistance, which up
> to this point I have managed to do.  Of course at times I was tempted
> to cheat, but I am glad to say I have shown good fortitude in the matter.
>
> Thank you for your time and I will be watching this list with
> interest, for all the knowledge and wisdom you have acquired.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Paul Nugent

06:39:00