[macvoiceover] Re: installing printers

  • From: Marcy Weinberg <rhymingmom1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 14:23:51 -0400

Hi, everyone!
Just as an aside here, since Russell mentions it, the mac handles zip files like a charm! All you do is press command-o to open the zip file, and that's all there is to it! Then, you end up with the original zip file, which you can send to the trash, and the opened file, which you can use. Smooth as silk, and easy as pie! Marcy
On Aug 5, 2009, at 9:37 AM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Hi again Donna,

If that link doesn't work for you I can send you the driver file... it's only 704 KB. It's in .zip format, so not sure how the Mac handles that?

Another thought I had... when I first bought my printer and installed the drivers from the CD provided, I wasn't able to boot into Windows... not sure what it did but it messed something up. I then downloaded the drivers from the website, the Windows drivers, not the ones we're talking about here, and it caused the same problems. I had to get someone sighted each time to help me go to "Last Known Good Configuration". I ended up letting Windows search for drivers, and it found drivers that worked.

I mention this because I'd hate to be the cause of your Mac crashing! <smile> I'll be trying to get my Samsung printer going later this afternoon, so if you wish, you can wait and see if I trash my Mac first! I'll let you know!

Let me know if you'd like me to send you the driver anyway.

Russell