[macvoiceover] Re: installing leopard

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 18:41:40 -0400

put the dvd in, open it up, vo will already be talking since the system is already installed. if not, then starting with the c key held down is the best option. So, with vo running, put in the dvd, it opens on your desktop with an install app and some other stuff. open the install app. you will be asked to confirm your intention to install and follow the onscreen instructions. one of the instructions will provide you with a restart putton to press. when you have pressed this button and the system restarts and chimes, it takes a little while but you can turn vo on after the disc stops whirring. once youhave done this, you can choose the language and follow the onscreen instructions for the install. I did this when going from tiger to leopard and in several other instances too envolved to describe.

On Jul 18, 2009, at 5:55 PM, Marty Rimpau wrote:

Hi all, you guys were talking earlier about installing leopard, and I happened to ask a friend about this, and he said, to insert the cd, then shut down, and then hold down the c key after re-booting, and when the dvd drive stops whirring, to start up voice over, but somebody was saying, run the installer, but if the cd auto runs, how do you find the installer, or can you tab to it, or what? Thanks in advance for any assistance.