[macvoiceover] Re: importing my music into itunes

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 10:28:32 -0400

If you want to keep the music on the portable disk drive, you can, while in iTunes, use the Open command (COMMAND+O) and select the root of your music folders and the iTunes Library will add pointers to the music into the Library XML file and you will be able to do whatever you want with them in iTunes after that. Of course, if you remove your portable drive, iTunes won't be able to see it and you will get errors if you try to play anything on the removable disk until you reattach it.

cdh
On Aug 2, 2009, at 8:40 PM, Donna Goodin wrote:

Hi all,

What's the best way to do this? I have all my music copied onto a portable disk drive, so my plan was to just copy it into the correct folder. I know that's probably very Windows, but wasn't. So sorry for asking again.)

If this is not the best way to do this, could someone please tell me what is?
Thanks,
Donna