[macvoiceover] Re: ichat and facebook

  • From: Dan Eickmeier <va3ets2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 18:21:49 -0400

You could also use Adium for chatting on facebook. I've found it to work very well.

Sent from my iPod

On 2010-04-07, at 6:10 PM, Jeff Kisecker <kisecker@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Anyone having problems getting on to facebook?
Sincerely,
Jeff Kisecker
Member, SHRM
Cell:  (605) 366-9109

On Apr 7, 2010, at 1:03 PM, Nicole Hutchins wrote:

It's really accessible for me now that I've figured out what I'm doing since they updated the format. I didn't like it at first, but now that I'm used to it, I can find things much easier.

Nicole
On Apr 7, 2010, at 8:19 AM, Olivia Norman wrote:

So, that's how he did it. Awesome. Thanks for the steps. :) I found my mobile me, gmail, and aim, easy to set up, but couldn't figure facebook out until friend did it for me. :) As a related note, does anyone else find the main facebook page to be pretty inaccessible?
Olivia
On Apr 7, 2010, at 8:10 AM, Peter Durieux wrote:

Hi all,

Just configured ichat for facebook chat.
the process is fairly simple.
First create a user on facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ username.
Next open ichat, choose the ichat menu and preferences.
go to the account tab and select add new account.
At accounttype choose jabber.
as username: username@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
password: your_password
As server use: chat.facebook.com and as port 5222.
Click done and you are all set.

Ichat supports also mobileme, gtalk and aim.

Hope this helps.

-Peter

"Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower", Steve Jobs