[macvoiceover] Re: iTunes question?

  • From: Jacob Schmude <j.schmude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 20:13:21 -0700

Hi keith
I'd say mp3 is definitely the most widely compatible format at this point. You can use iTunes to convert to mp3 like this: Open the iTunes preferences and select advanced. Click the importing tab and set the encoder to mp3 encoder. Next, either choose a preset for quality or choose custom and set up your bitrate and other parameters. When done, click ok to exit preferences. Now, highlight the song in your iTunes library you want to convert and open the advanced menu. There should be an item that says "convert selection to mp3." Choose this and it will convert and place the mp3 track in your library alongside the original. Note that the settings you set now will be the settings iTunes uses to rip CDs as well. If you don't want to change your iTunes import settings for whatever reason, you can use max from www.sbooth.org to convert among file formats, including AAC, FLAC, OGG, MP3 and a hole long list of others. Max also does batch conversions if you have a long list of tracks you want converted.
hth

On Jul 20, 2008, at 8:00, Keith Reedy wrote:

Hi folks,

I want to convert a song to a type that most people can play. I am thinking that this maybe MP3, Is this the most universal and if so, how do I convert to MP3 with iTunes, or, should I use another program like SoundStudio?

Thanks.