[macvoiceover] Re: iTunes messing up songs from imported Cds?

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 05:19:33 -0400

yes, just retag them so that they appear in the order you want them in.

On Jul 23, 2009, at 9:23 PM, Robin Kipp wrote:

Hi all,
so I decided to go and import some new music CDs I just got. One of them actually is a set of 2 CDs. When I put in the first CD, iTunes recognised the name of the CD, along with "disk 1". I went through the tracklisting on the CD and listened to some of the songs, then clicked "import CD". After a few minutes this was done and I ejected the CD and put in the next one. This was recognised, again, as [CD name], but this time had "Disk 2" behind it which was absolutely fine. Went through the tracklisting again and listened to some of the songs, then imported this one as well. When this was done, I also ejected this CD, put it aside and went into "Music" using the sources list. There, I searched for the name of the imported CDs, but did not include the disk number. The songs table showed me the songs on the CDs, but in a seemingly completely random order! I made sure shuffle was not turned on, still the list of songs is completely messed up... This is a big issue especially since they are DJ CDs with remixes on them, and if they don't play in the right order they just don't go together very well... Please, can anyone help me here? Thanks!
Robin