[macvoiceover] iTunes 7.6

  • From: "Ron J." <Ganahee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 04:16:28 -0600

Fellow listers,

Just wanted to give you all a heads-up. I just downloaded, and installed, iTunes 7.6. For anyone who owns a Shuffle, I'm happy to report that Apple has fixed the issues with it not displaying properly.

As you're moving the VO-Cursor from left to right, you come to the "Sources List", followed by a "Vertical Splitter", immediately after this, there'll be a "Scroll Area". Interact with this scroll area (VO- Shift-Down Arrow), and you'll see two tabs - "Settings" & "Contents".

Under "Settings", you'll find all the settings you'd expect (Restore, SoundCheck, Volume Limiter, Disk Use, Update, Music Vs Data settings, etc).

Under "Contents", you'll find the "Songs Table", the "AutoFill Button", a popup button for where to Autofill from", and checkboxes for "Select Items Randomly", "Replace Items When Autofilling", and "Choose Higher Rated items More Often".

Now, blind Shuffle users should be able to do everything with their players, in iTunes, which blind users of the larger iPods have been able to do, since Version 7.5. I've not tried my roommate's older, 512 GB GumPack Shuffle, but I'm assuming similar data will appear, and in a similar format.

I've not explored to see if there are any additional accessibility fixes in this version, but, I'm sure if there are, someone on this list will find them, and let the rest of us know!

        Take care, & Happy Shuffling!!!

Ron

Ron J. | AKA Ganahee

"For millions of years, mankind lived, just like the animals. Then something happened, which unleashed the power of our imagination - we learned to talk."

From the MD "The Division Bell", the track "Keep Talking".