[macvoiceover] Re: iPhone dictation limit

  • From: David Chittenden <dchittenden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 12:52:53 +1200

you are correct, and when your lengthy iMessage is converted into multiple text
messages because the other person is not currently on the network, you get
nailed by the factors I just discussed. Come on people, this is not rocket
science. Sighted people are switching to speaking their text messages rather
than writing them. Siri is primarily for the sighted. It is highly likely that
enough people have been nailed by additional message charges at $0.20 per
additional message block that Apple has found it necessary to start warning
people that their messages exceed the message length imposed by mobile phone
providers.

If you want to send lengthy messages, open messages, select your target, and
use the dictate button to the left of the space on the onscreen keyboard.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchittenden@xxxxxxxxx
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
Sent from my iPhone