[macvoiceover] Re: iPhone dictation limit

  • From: Tuscia-Falconer <falconer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 08:41:28 +1200

Yeah dictation on my iMac is only 30 seconds
I have just used it to write this reply
If I take too long as I am trying to do now such as go for more then 30 seconds
and I am not using a watch I
Get a beep and the message is concluded

TF

On 15/05/2013, at 8:27 AM, Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Doing some troubleshooting for a friend, of course it's a problem I've never
had so don't know right away what the answer is.

Using Siri to dictate a text message on a 4S, she is getting a message that her
message is too long, would she like to trim it down? This comes before she
tries to send the message, so it's not coming from her mobile carrier.

Anyone else experience this? Are there built in dictation limitations?

Kicker is, this situation only started a couple of days ago, and she believes
she hasn't changed her texting habits.

Thoughts?

Ian