[macvoiceover] Re: iPhone and two "move" buttons

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 06:49:05 -0600

Hi Ed,

I have the same thing happen sometimes, only I get two reply buttons, not move buttons. The nice thing about a touch screen though, is that once you know where a button is, it doesn't move, so when I get two reply buttons, I know that the left one is actually the delete button so can press that and delete the message.

The 3.0.1 update is only to fix a security issue with text messages. There is a 3.1 update that's supposed to be out soon that will have new functionality, though not sure what that will look like.

HTH

Russell
On 1-Sep-09, at 5:12 AM, Marquette, Ed wrote:

Wondering if others have seen this. I use Outlook at work, but it Synchs with my iPhone. Occasionally, for some inexplicable reason, the delete button at the bottom of the screen when in an email message, shows two "move" buttons. In fact, one is "delete," VoiceOver just calls it "move" such that there appear to be two move buttons. It seems to go away as mysteriously as it arrived. Anyone else have a clue? Also, I see a notice periodically about an update to the operating system from 3.0 to 3.01. Any idea whether that would help? Does version 3.01 have any new benefits for VoiceOver users?
Thanks!

Ed Marquette
Partner
Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal LLP
Direct: 816.460.2405
Mobile: 816-812-0088
Office: 816.460.2400
Fax: 816.531.7545
emarquette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Assistant: Andrea Mendez-Black [816-460-2483]
www.sonnenschein.com

4520 Main Street
Suite 1100
Kansas City, MO 64111-7700

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e- mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e- mail in error, please notify us immediately by returning it to the sender and delete this copy from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.
IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE:
To comply with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any U.S. federal tax advice contained herein (including any attachments), unless specifically stated otherwise, is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending any transaction or matter addressed herein to another party.