[macvoiceover] Re: iPhone and editing cursor

  • From: Josh de Lioncourt <overlord@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 08:51:15 -0700

Hi there,

We just posted a guide on this specific to the iPhone last night. The link is below. Perhaps it may help.

http://maccessibility.net/guides/iphone/insertion-point/

On Aug 22, 2009, at 8:34 AM, Marquette, Ed wrote:

OK.
I've seen comments about the unpredictable cursor on this list before,
and I remember some posts about it.  Apparently, on the Mac, there is
some logic and consistency as to the placement of the cursor so that the
delete key and the backspace key operations can be predicted with some
degree of certainty.
Now, for the iPhone, if there is some logic at work, it must be alien
logic from a planet far, far away. Seriously, the only consistency I've
found with the iPhone cursor is that it will consistently delete the
wrong character and put the letter you want to insert in the wrong
place.
So, if the iPhone cursor placement announcement does have some logic not
based on a random number generator, I would like to hear it.
P.s.
Virtually everything else about the iPhone is great.

Ed Marquette
Partner
Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal LLP
4520 Main Street
Suite 1100
Kansas City, MO 64111-7700
Direct: 816.460.2405
Mobile: 816-812-0088
Office: 816.460.2400
Fax: 816.531.7545
emarquette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Assistant: Andrea Mendez-Black [816-460-2483]
www.sonnenschein.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be protected by legal privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e- mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e- mail in error, please notify us immediately by returning it to the sender and delete this copy from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.
IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE:
To comply with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any U.S. federal tax advice contained herein (including any attachments), unless specifically stated otherwise, is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending any transaction or matter addressed herein to another party.