[macvoiceover] iPhone: Pandora

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 08:09:13 -0400

Hi,

Yesterday, I went to the accessible iPhone app page that Lioncort pointed to in a message a few weeks ago. I saw that Pandora was on the list under radio and wondered who has used it and if they experienced the same problems as me:

1. When I was on the sign up screen with VO running, the "confirm password" field would bounce me to one of the other fields (birthday maybe?). Susan, my lovely wife of 22 years, looked over my shoulder and said it was definitely not user error, fat fingering or some other malady that I caused. She turned off VO and had no problem setting it up.

2. For no reason I can decipher, Pandora is an incredible resource hog. Flicking right or left to get to the unlabeled buttons hardly seems to work so I cannot figure out how to stop my Pandora station based upon The Ramones. Does anyone have any hints? I love punk rock, played in a band at CBGB and elsewhere around the world for a bunch of years during my misspent youth but I'm also a huge fan of the Bach Concerto for Oboe and Violin (have the Nigel Kennedy version on his album of all Bach compositions) and cannot get out of the yesteryear of the amazing burst of pop art creation in NY during the late seventies.

So, if anyone is using Pandora, please tell me how as I'm stuck in 1977.

cdh