[macvoiceover] Re: iPhone: Moving Contacts

  • From: Ignasi Cambra <ignasicambra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 23:56:31 -0400

Hello,
If you don't have access to a windows computer, not even a VM, then you need to find some program that would sink your Windows Mobile contacts with your Mac. I know there is an accessible solution, but just can't remember it's name. Once you do that you would have the contacts in AddressBook, so your iPhone would be able to sink just fine by using iTunes...

Ignasi
On Jul 7, 2009, at 5:53 PM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi,

I asked this question once before and got a response that seemed like it made sense but a domination of pronouns made the process a bit ambiguous. Then I lost the email so couldn't go back to review it again.

To repeat the question:

All of my contacts are on my WindowsT-Mobile Mobile Dash phone. None of my contacts are on my iPhone. How can I get the contacts from point a to point b?

The originial message said to sync my Dash with "my computer" and then automatically sync my iPhone with my computer and all will be happy. So, I attached the Dash via USB to my MacBook and nothing happened. In Windows if one plugs in a new piece of hardware you get a message saying it is something it never saw before. My Macintosh just sat happily, silent as if nothing happened.

I do not have a Windows computer with me (remember when I was dubious about Apple, Mac and VoiceOver? Now I don't travel with a Windows box anymore.) so does anyone know how to get the contacts off of the WM phone and onto either my MacBook or iMac (yes, I do travel with two Macintoshes, an Airport Express, Time Capsule, one Nano and now my new iPhone - I guess I made the transition pretty dramatically)?

Nonetheless, what does one need to do to move contacts from WM to iPhone. If it's easier from Symbian, I have a Nokia N82 and can pop the WM SIMM card in there.

Happy Hacking,
cdh