[macvoiceover] Re: iPhone: Moving Contacts

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 19:51:38 -0400

YOur dash is purely a windows box. you could try missing sync but I don't know what you'd sync it with.

On Jul 7, 2009, at 5:53 PM, Chris Hofstader wrote:

Hi,

I asked this question once before and got a response that seemed like it made sense but a domination of pronouns made the process a bit ambiguous. Then I lost the email so couldn't go back to review it again.

To repeat the question:

All of my contacts are on my WindowsT-Mobile Mobile Dash phone. None of my contacts are on my iPhone. How can I get the contacts from point a to point b?

The originial message said to sync my Dash with "my computer" and then automatically sync my iPhone with my computer and all will be happy. So, I attached the Dash via USB to my MacBook and nothing happened. In Windows if one plugs in a new piece of hardware you get a message saying it is something it never saw before. My Macintosh just sat happily, silent as if nothing happened.

I do not have a Windows computer with me (remember when I was dubious about Apple, Mac and VoiceOver? Now I don't travel with a Windows box anymore.) so does anyone know how to get the contacts off of the WM phone and onto either my MacBook or iMac (yes, I do travel with two Macintoshes, an Airport Express, Time Capsule, one Nano and now my new iPhone - I guess I made the transition pretty dramatically)?

Nonetheless, what does one need to do to move contacts from WM to iPhone. If it's easier from Symbian, I have a Nokia N82 and can pop the WM SIMM card in there.

Happy Hacking,
cdh