[macvoiceover] Re: i cal

  • From: Marcy Weinberg <rhymingmom1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 21:47:57 -0400

Hi, Patrick,
I hate to tell you this, but I tried this method, and still no syncing of contacts from my iphone to my mac. Yeah, I know, rats! I wanted it to work as much as you did! But alas...
No, I won't take back any of the cookies!  Marcy
On Aug 10, 2009, at 9:03 PM, patrickneazer wrote:

Hello Marcy and all:

Go to the info tab in your iPhone settings. Make sure the sync address book checkbox is checked and the sync all contacts radio button is selected. Then sync the phone.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 10, 2009, at 8:28 PM, Marcy Weinberg <rhymingmom1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, Patrick! So, if I get this straight, I can sync the contacts from my phone to my mac even if I don't have mobile me? Well, if that's so, then, to quote David, what if I don't have mobile me? How do I do it then?
There'll be you-know-what's in it for you if it works!  Smile!  Marcy
On Aug 10, 2009, at 7:25 PM, patrickneazer wrote:

Oh, things will still sink though you have to connect them directly. If I have mobile me and for example I set an alarm on my iphone to alert me of an appointment, the alert will be pushed to any of my devices. It sure scared the heck out of me Friday night when the alarm went off on my desktop and the phone was off. Yikes.
On Aug 10, 2009, at 7:11 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

and if I don't have mobile me?

On Aug 10, 2009, at 7:00 PM, patrickneazer wrote:

Hello Marcy and all:

Yes, they will stroll right on over to your computer (grin). Even the calendar alerts like birthdays and appointments (wink). One of the nice features of mobile me.

And, guess what ... your contacts should stroll across the great way to your mac as well. I hope you have the setting turned on to do this.

Cookies? YUM.
On Aug 10, 2009, at 4:00 PM, Marcy Weinberg wrote:

Aha, Patrick! So, if I do entries on the phone, they will run lickety-split across that tightrope right into i cal on my mac? That would certainly be awesome! My contacts that I put right on the phone didn't do that. So, if the calendar does it, score 5 points for the calendar! As for the cookies... Marcy
On Aug 10, 2009, at 2:43 PM, patrickneazer wrote:

Hello Marcy and all:

Well, I am going to be of very little assistance on this one (grin). Ical has me stumped as well. However, there is one little piece of advice you might find useful. shhh ... do not tell anyone ... the calendar on the iphone works great great great. If I have to do anything with calendars I perform it on the iphone and sync it.

Not the answer you were looking for I know. Heavens though ... calendar on the phone is what really put me over the top for the iphone (and its relationship to the mac).

Guess David will get this batch of cookies (or someone else).

(grin).
On Aug 10, 2009, at 11:48 AM, Marcy Weinberg wrote:

Hi, everybody!
Well, I just subscribed to 3 calendars on the Apple website, as Josh spoke of in his podcast number 4. So, now it's time for Marcy to tackle the i cal app, with the same determination, and hopefully help big smile, that I got with the address book, quite the conquest, I might add! I have the calendar on month view, but just don't know how to navigate around it, or if interacting with the table and choosing the calenddar I want if the right way to do it, since then I have no clue where to get the info! So, if anyone is willing to help, I'd be really appreciative! Where are you, Patrick? David? Want some more cookies grin? Marcy
--
Wordy Mom
Think positive,

Take good care and I wish you enough.