[macvoiceover] Re: how to read the messages in a chat using adium?

  • From: "Ron J." <ganahee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 21:31:15 -0500

HI Justin,

        You need to use VO-Left or Right Arrows to navigate to the chat area,
which VO voices as "Unknown".  Then, just use VO-Shift-Down Arrow to interact
with this unknown area, and use VO-Left and Right arrows to navigate through
the lines of messages.  If I wanted to see the last message that you'd sent to
me, say, I'd interact with the "Unknown", then use VO-Shift-End to take the VO
Cursor all the way to the end of the chat area to read the message.

        If you wanna be able to keep typing, but remain in the chat area, make
sure the VO Cursor is on the Edit field, then turn cursor tracking off by using
VO-Shift-F3, then use VO-Left Arrow to get to the chat area, use VO-Shift-Down
Arrow to interact with it, then use VO-Shift-End to navigate to the last line.
Each time you receive a new IM, you can simply use VO-Right Arrow to navigate
to the received message to read it, but still remain in the edit field to
respond.

        If ya want any assistance, or to chat, my Skype Name is Ganahee, so
feel free to add me and give me a ring!

HTH?

Ron

P.S.

        The technique should be pretty much the same for reading texts in
Skype, as well.

On Oct 25, 2010, at 7:01 PM, Justin Mann wrote:

> Hi there,
>       I've just installed adium.  How does one read a response in Adium when
> you are chatting?

Ron J. | AKA: Ganahee

Check out my blog at: http://ganahee.wordpress.com

"For millions of years, mankind lived, just like the animals.  Then something
happened, which unleashed the power of our imagination - we learned to talk."

From the MD "The Division Bell", the track "Keep Talking".