[macvoiceover] Re: how can I quickly get to the body of an e-mail message

  • From: David Poehlman <david.poehlman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 18:02:45 -0400

I just down arrow through messages, press enter on the one I want to read and i
can down arrow through it.  the problem I have is that I have to interact twice
when I need to use vo to click on something in the body of a message.

On Jun 25, 2010, at 5:59 PM, Ray Foret Jr wrote:

Okay.

I've noticed that ever since the advent of 10.6.4, I've had to do the following
to get to the text of the body of an e-mail message:

After interacting with the messages table and choosing a message of interest
according to the subject line, press return on it and interact twice with the
message content in order to do a say all on it.

I was told that perhaps one way to circumvent this is to use the track pad to
locate any message of interest and then just after my index finger caused the
VO curser to focus on that message, tap the track pad with another finger and
that will open the body of the message and focus on the text.  This, however,
is not so.  Does anybody know of a fast way to pretty much instantly focus on
the actual text in the body of any e-mail of interest and read it?  Pressing
return then interacting twice works, but, I was hoping for a faster way.
Thanks.

Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!

E-Mail: