[macvoiceover] Re: how

  • From: JAKE JOEHL <jajoehl@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 12:29:44 -0500

Another resource—which I am going to get the next time I’m at my parents’
house—-is Janet Ingber’s book on the subject. A sister of mine currently has a
Braille copy. I read Janet’s introduction, and was very impressed. This book
was reviewed by Bill Holton in last month’s issue of “AccessWorld.” I’m kinda
hoping this will also become available on BARD sometime in the near future.
Jake

—-Please visit me at http://jazzyjj.dreamwidth.org .
JAKE JOEHL
jajoehl@xxxxxxx

On Sep 12, 2014, at 12:32 PM, Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Adrian, a couple of resources I turned to when I was starting with my Mac, and
actually still turn to on a regular basis are:

http://www.icanworkthisthing.com

That should seem pretty familiar, as it’s the home base for this list.

http://macfortheblind.com/how-to-for-the-Mac-and-OS-X

Has lots of quick steps to learn or refresh.

http://www.apple.com/voiceover/info/guide/

Produced by Apple, this one says it is for Snow Leopard, is that just my
bookmark, or does anyone know if there is an updated version? I know a couple
of things have been updated in subsequent OSX releases, like procedures for
selecting files in finder and text on a website.

Some good reading there that will help familiarize yourself with some of the
basic questions you’ve been asking.

Peace,

Ian