[macvoiceover] Re: here goes: first Mac disaster

  • From: "Donna Goodin" <goodindo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 12:20:16 -0400

Pick a name for the home folder??? Ruh Ro, I think I missed that one.  And I
was feeling so proud of myself for making it through the registration
process. *smile*  Sounds like I have something else to figure out.

Thanks, Marty.  Oh, and BTW, people from the Show-me state are good people!
I was born in St. Louis.

Cheers,

Donna

From: Donna Goodin
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:53:45 -0400

Hi guys,

OK, so Ive been through the getting started tutorial. All of it made sense
except the complex tables, where I couldnt get it to read anything. Im just
going to hope that parts not too important.

But, the real trouble: I exited the start-up tutorial, and supposedly went
into the setup screen. At that point, I lost all speech. The Word English
was spoken, but then nothing else, even when I press VO+Shift+question. What
do I do!?

Thanks,

Donna

Marty