[macvoiceover] Re: here goes: first Mac disaster

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 09:15:03 -0700

Hi Donna, a friend of mine from the show me state, says, that you don't
have to go through the registration process, when you get to the
registration screen, after completing the getting started tutorial, you
can press command q to quit registration, then a dialog will pop up,
and you use voice over navigation to get to the skip button, and press
vo space bar on this, and at that point, it takes you to the part of
the set up process where you pick a name for your home folder, and
other things, but believe me, I had trouble, some of it, looking back,
was my own doing, being use to a windows keyboard, so don't feel bad.
What would happen with me is, I would get the music, then I would hear
a voice say English, and press enter, and then the set up process would
start.  Hope this helps you.
--Original Message Text---
From: Donna Goodin
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:53:45 -0400

Hi guys,

OK, so Ive been through the getting started tutorial.  All of it made
sense except the complex tables, where I couldnt get it to read
anything.  Im just going to hope that parts not too important.

But, the real trouble: I exited the start-up tutorial, and supposedly
went into the setup screen.  At that point, I lost all speech.  The
Word English was spoken, but then nothing else, even when I press
VO+Shift+question.  What do I do!?

Thanks,

Donna

Marty