[macvoiceover] Re: help with recording program

  • From: Laura <laura.mcg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 22:06:26 +0100

You should be able to do it with iTunes. While focused on the song you want to
cut, do the following:

1. press command-i, which will take you to the info pane.
2. There are different tabs here. Select options and use the tab key to move
through the different settings, until you hear VO announce a checkbox called
start time.
3. Check that, if the clip you want isn't at the beginning of the song, and tab
once more to the edit field. There, enter the time you want the clip to start
at.
4. Tab again, until you hear VO announce a checkbox called stop time. Check
that, and as before, tab once more until you get to the edit field. enter The
time thirty seconds from the start position.
5. Press okay to exit the info pane.
6. Still focused on the song you want to convert, go to the advanced menu, and
pick create AAC version. (It might not be AAC, depending on what your import
settings are, but it'll be something similar. Maybe MP3 version.) Press enter
on that, and wait for the chime from iTunes signifying that the task is
complete. You should now have another song with the same name as the original,
but it should be only 30 seconds long.

Hope that helps. If it isn't clear enough, just let me know.

Laura