[macvoiceover] help with drag and drop

  • From: Marty Rimpau <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 00:23:51 -0700

Hi all, I tried doing the steps outlined in the document entitled drag and drop.rtf, but they didn't work. I want to move an item from the desk top to my downloads folder for practice, so I moved to the item on the finder, then I moved the mouse to there with vo command f5, and verrified this with vo f5, then I pressed vo command shift space, and heard the single mouse click, then I turned off cursor tracking, with vo shift f3, but when I pressed command shift h to try and go to the home folder, I heard the name of the file I had selected, so I pressed command shift h again, but couldn't navigate in the home folder with cursor tracking off, so is dragging and dropping only good for items within a given screen, and if so, it has no use for me as far as I'm concerned in voice over, unless you can move files or folders from one location to another on the mac. I even tried moving the mouse to the first item in the downloads folder with vo command f5, and verrified with vo f5, and then pressing vo command shift space, and heard the single click, but may have accidently selected the first item in the downloads folder, so, how does one successfully drag and drop with voice over, and why not a cut command such as command x, to cut? Thanks in advance for any assistance, but in the document, they didn't state specifics, such as interacting with any tables, or whether or not they were in list mode, or column mode, that type of thing, so any help would greatly be appreciated.