[macvoiceover] help! voiceover is on, but speech is muted

  • From: Caitlyn Furness <lavendar@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 09:26:43 -0400

Hi,

I hope somebody here can help with this problem.

I am trying to get my husband, Mark's mac to talk again.   Voiceover is
running, but I think the speech is muted.  I attached my braille sense to it so
I could tell what was going on, and it looks like the check box in the voice
over utility to mute speech is *not* checked, yet it's still stubbornly silent,
except that when I turn it off, then back on again, it says voiceover on,
speech off.  Unfortunately, it's a stupid holiday here in Canada, so I can't
call apple.

Is there a shortcut key to mute speech that I am not aware of? Anybody got a
way to fix this?

Mega thanks!

Caitlyn
ps-Mark says he didn't hit any keys to make the computer mute and was just
trying to quit safari when it happened.