[macvoiceover] Re: getting rid of preview pain in mail

  • From: Donna Goodin <goodindo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 14:26:44 -0400

No, still didn't work.

        On Jul 28, 2009, at 2:08 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

ok, go to vo utility with control-option-f8.
Go to the navigation category, pressing n will do it, make sure all the checkboxes are checked. the last one doesn't matter because it is cursor rapping.
now try the steps and see if they work.

On Jun 28, 2009, at 2:01 PM, Donna Goodin wrote:

OK, IT LOOKS LIKE THE PROBLEM MAY BE THAT MY MOUSE IS IN A DIFFERENT PLACE. WHEN I PERFORM A MOUSE CLICK, I AM TAKEN TO A FINDER WINDOW THAT I HAVE OPENED, AND WHEN I PRESS VO-F5, I'M TOLD THAT FINDER IS UNDER THE MOUSE. IS THERE A COMMAND TO JUMP THE MOUSE TO THE VO FOCUS IN THE MAIL PROGRAM?
THANKS,
DONNA
On Jul 28, 2009, at 12:28 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

this is not the problem.
1. make sure your cursors are tracking one another.
2. make sure you are not interacting with either the mailboxes table, messages table or the message content.
3. with vo, move to a splitter and click it.
note, if the first splitter does not work, try the second. no harm is done by clicking the other splitter but if you are successful, you will have no more pain. I've done this without a numpad commander many times.

On Jun 28, 2009, at 12:09 PM, Donna Goodin wrote:

Thanks, Marie.

I guess it's time for me to just give up on this. When I do what you describe, I hear a click, sort of like the slamming door noise that someone described, but the preview pane doesn't go away. I don't get it. I don't yet have an external keyboard, so maybe that is the problem. If I actually keep this thing long enough to buy one, maybe I'll try again then. Anyway, thanks very much for trying to help.
BEst,
Donna

donna, I've tried this a few times but my set up could be different to yours. anyway, let me explain how I've done this, I've removed it and put it back and removed it again so i assume it's working as it should for me. I utilise the numpad commander with vo and use an external keyboard on my macbook, essentially using my right hand to navigate. I use the number five to mouse click and here is how I've got and removed the preview pain several times. if the preview pain is active, go to the first horizontal spitter to the right of the messages table. don't interact, just mouse click, i.e vo--space--shift. it should disappear. To get it back, vo across to the far right to the second horizontal splitter and do the same thing, your preview pain should reappear.
hth

On Jun 28, 2009, at 3:37 PM, Donna Goodin wrote:

David,

Sorry if this is a really dumb question, but how does one do this? I assume you're talking about something on the track pad surface? there is no tactile button there, so where do I tap?
Thanks,
Donna
On Jul 27, 2009, at 4:42 PM, David Poehlman wrote:

you actually click the trackpad button. make sure you are not interacting with the messages table or the mailboxes table, vo over to the splitter to the right of the message content, be careful not to interact with the message content and then tap the trackpad button.

On Jun 27, 2009, at 4:37 PM, Donna Goodin wrote:

Hi all,

I hate to rehash old stuff, but I have been trying to get rid of the preview panel without any success. I have tried pressing VO- Shift-Space on both the horizontal splitters, but this has not worked. When I do I just get some Finder window. Can anyone provide more assistance?
Thanks in advance,
Donna